Home / NEWS / I will build 100 new courts – Nana Akufo-Addo pledges

I will build 100 new courts – Nana Akufo-Addo pledges

Although he’s yet to fulfil most of his numerous promises which include the 111 hospitals and the famous 1 district 1 dam policy, Nana Akufo Addo has said he will make sure he builds 100 new courts before the expiration of his tenure.

He said that the government had already completed 60% of the new courts and that the remaining 40% will be finished in the first quarter of 2023.

During his two-day working visit to the Volta Region on Tuesday, Nana Akufo-Addo announced this at the opening of a new district court in Battor, in the North Tongu District.

The provision of a new Divisional Police Command at Battor, school infrastructure, and other items were among the additional assurances that President Akuffo Addo gave to the local chiefs and residents.

The project, which was launched by the North Tongu District Assembly in 2020 and funded by the Assembly through the District Assembly Common Fund- Responsiveness Factor Grant (DACF-RFG) with a total contract amount of GHC 480,770.00, was intended to improve the efficiency of justice delivery in the region.

The GNA noted that many people in the area who wanted to access the courts had to go to other nearby Districts like Sogakope and Adidome first, which caused some difficulty.

The Chief Justice’s representative, Mr. Justice Victor Jones Dotse, a Supreme Court Justice, asserted that the district’s conflicts would be resolved amicably thanks to the court’s presence.

The new building houses a courtroom, a magistrate’s office, an accountant’s office, an administrator’s office, a registrar’s office, a bailiff’s office, and other ancillary facilities. There were some representatives from the judicial and government sectors present.

SOURCE: www.Ghbase.com

 

About Oda Citizen

I'm Odacitizen | Blogger | Promoter | Social Media Expert. I am the CEO and Manager of this noble website (Odacitizen.com). I publish on Entertainment, Sports, Politics, History and International News. You can also follow Us on YouTube Channel - Oda Citizen TV, Facebook- Odacitizen.com/Odacitizen, Twitter- Oda Citizen, Instagram- OdaCitizenOfficial. Email Address: odacitizen777@gmail.com. Contact Us on : 0553551970/0576674043

Check Also

Official: US-based Oakley signs agreement with Ghanaian Sprinter Benjamin Azamati

Ghana national 100m record holder, Benjamin Azamati, has landed a two-and-a-half-year endorsement deal with sunglass …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.